Follow us on Instagram for inspiration and ideas on how to use your planner.
Planner Tips - How to make it your own!
A Sunday well spent brings a week of content…
You can use the time of day guides to schedule appts or you can use the main blocks to work on 3 different projects/goals/kids schedules/etc. The bottom 3 rows can be used for meal planning (breakfast, lunch & dinner); Fitness tracking; list of things to do at home; family time scheduling; top 3 sales calls to make that day; finance tracking (money in, money out, lessons learned).
Tips for digitizing your calendar for when you’re on the go:
For family activities & schedules we like to use google calendar. I’ll either print it out or copy activities into my planner. This works as we work really hard to limit our daily activities. Don’t get me wrong, we have lots of fun & go on lots of adventures but we work really hard to not have 4 afterschool activities/meetings/plans etc a day.
We also use Evernote for sharing notes & work tasks. Think and create on paper, save and share in the cloud with Evernote. We like to use Evernote’s Page Camera feature to capture the pages of your notebook with your smartphone or tablet. Once in you’ve uploaded to Evernote, you can search for your handwritten notes by keyword, tag or just visually browse.
And we of course, like so many of you, love our iphones. But we work really hard to put them down. We don’t want life to pass us by because we were staring at our screens. Not to mention people are 42% more likely to achieve their goals when they write them down.
What can you achieve in 30 days? Well, quite a lot actually, which is why the 30-day challenge method has become so popular over the last few years.
30-days is plenty of time to create a new healthy habit, breaking a bad habit, learn a new skill or simply enjoy the sense of fulfillment that comes from challenging yourself to try something new or work towards a goal.
There are 30-day challenges for almost every area of our lives from health and fitness to personal finance, so whatever your personal goals are there is bound to be a challenge to suit you.
Need some ideas?
- 30 Day No Spend Challenge
- 30 Day Yoga Challenge – http://www.doyouyoga.com/course/the-30-day-yoga-challenge/
- Whole30 – http://www.whole30.com
- 30 Day No Soda Challenge – http://skinnyms.com/no-soda-challenge/
- 30 Day Plank Challenge – http://www.refinery29.com/how-to-do-a-plank
- 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge – http://30daynoalcoholchallenge.com/
- 30 Day No Smoking Challenge – http://www.health.com/health/calendar/0,,20349707,00.html
- 30 Day Journaling Challenge – http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/01/01/jumpstart-your-journaling-a-31-day-challenge/
- 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge – http://www.the30clean.com/
- 30 Day Running Challenge – 30 Day Running Challenge – http://eatdrinkandbeskinny.com/30-day-running-challenge-run-first-fastest-mile/
Make your planning and organization FUN and liven up your planner with Stickers 🙂
View our available sticker pack HERE
The Commit30 planner is printed on 100g white recycled paper. It is a great, ink-proof paper. My favorite pens to use are:
- Micron 02
- Pilot Frixion (erasable)
- Sharpie Fine Point Pens
- Highlighters – Bic (standard office supply stores) or Pilot Frixion (erasable).
- Test out all pens on the back notes pages first to see how they perform!!
In the new edition of the dated planners, we built in an area in the bottom right hand corner of each monthly & weekly spread pages for the “Month” (so its easy to flip thru to find a month into the future). In addition, there is a thin silk ribbon for page marking. A an add-on accessory you can add the Monthly Adhesive Tabs to all our Planners and Journals shown here.
To purchase or view our Monthly Adhesive Tabs click Here
In the new edition there is also a back pocket for keeping important docs, coupons, ticket stubs, etc.
Love the custom gold paper clips from Willow Designs – https://www.etsy.com/shop/Willowfields?ref=l2-shopheader-name
The weekly spread notes area was designed to fit the small rectangular post it notes so you can add grocery items or errands to your list and then grab it and go.