I talk about it all the time but a big part of my healthy morning routine is having a green smoothie!
Commit to fueling your body each morning this month with a protein, fiber, veggie & good fat packed green smoothie.
This gives me great energy and helps keep me healthy during busy seasons of life. Even if your meals start to derail later on in the day or you miss your workout you can check off doing one great thing for your body each day! The general recipe I use each morning is based on @bewellbykelly ‘s #Fab4Smoothie recipe from her book Body Love is:
- ¼ cup low glycemic frozen fruit (pineapples, mango or blueberries);
- a couple of handfuls of organic greens (spinach &/or kale);
- 1 scoop collagen protein powder;
- 1 TBS chia or flax seeds;
- 2 TBS fat – avocado, almond butter, or MCT oil;
- and liquid (unsweetened almond milk or coconut water).
The key is limiting the sugar and making sure you are getting protein, fiber & fat not just fruit & fruit juice.
For additional green smoothie recipes & inspiration visit @bewellbykelly, @simplegreensmoothies & @_kimberlysnyder (I love her glowing green smoothie recipe too although her philosophy & recipes are a bit different than the above). Jennifer Garner swears by her daily fab4smoothie too.
Download our free 30-day Green Smoothie Challenge here. Enjoy!